DIY Kit: Making Natural Scented Candle
Make your own scented candle with eco coconut wax and high-quality essential oils. This is a great kit to give as a gift or to do at home as an activity. Once you know the basics of candle making, you can play around with different scent options and decorate the candle to your liking. This recipe is simple and requires minimal equipment. You make a scented candle with a delicious spicy scent or with a fresh and relaxing lavender scent!
You will need: small saucepan, heatproof bowl, spoon
Preparation time: 10 minutes + 3-4 hours waiting time.
Tips: You can also add a little bit of chamomile, lavender or calendula petals and/or a pinch of ground cinnamon to the top of the candle for decoration.
Has your candle burned out? Then you can clean and reuse the pot. To remove any wax residue, heat the wax in a pan of hot water in a bain-marie. Wipe the warm wax out of the jar with a paper towel and place the jar in the dishwasher. The jar can be reused to make candles or other DIY recipes.
Coconut and Soy wax for candle making
Coconut and soy wax are better for the environment than paraffin wax when it burns. You can also use eco soy wax as an alternative to coconut wax. The wax in this kit is a mix of eco coconut wax, a little soy wax and a very small amount of palm wax. The palm wax in this product comes from 100% sustainable sources and is certified. Did you know that 100% coconut and soy wax products for candles don't exist? They always contain other additives and waxes, otherwise they would not burn well.
The wax in this pack is for candle making, not for skin care! Also not suitable for massage candles.
Making candles with children
This candle package is also suitable for making candles with children. It is important that there is full parental control.
Never leave a lit candle unattended.
- ingredients for a 120ml candle (burning time: 30-35 hours).
- Packaging: kraft paper bag
- Amber glass jar 120ml.
- Eco Coconut wax 90gr.
- Essential oil blend (sweet orange and cinnamon) 8 ml.
- Cotton (candle) wick
- 3 small wooden spoons (to hold the wick in place)
- Short instructions how to make
- Wild lavender and pine scented candle
- This 'Lavender & Pine' blend of essential oil and fragrance oil has a calming, floral fresh lavender scent.
- Scented candle with orange and cinnamonOrange
- Cinnamon scented with 100% essential oil. This 'Orange & Spice' blend of essential oils has a lovely warm spicy scent.
- Article number
There are no reviews written yet about this product..